THE ACCRESCENT™ PODCAST EPISODE 17
Acknowledging Childhood Trauma, Identifying Negative Patterns, & Finding Your True Self w/Dr. Courtney Tracy
LISTEN, SUBSCRIBE, REVIEW
In this episode of The Accrescent Podcast, I have the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Courtney Tracy. Her extensive education and experience in the realm of psychology as well as her no-nonsense approach to mental health has led her to be known as “The Truth Doctor”. In this interview, we examine how childhood trauma plays out in our everyday lives either consciously or subconsciously. Dr. Tracy notes that many people believe so many negative facets of their personality are “just who they are”. We don’t recognize that many of these negative patterns and impulses are related to trauma from our past.
Her passion lies in helping individuals recognize these negative patterns and discover their “true self” underneath them. We discuss ways of identifying trauma patterns as well as ways to begin to heal those past wounds and no longer live as slaves to our trauma impulses.
- Book: The Body Keeps the Score by Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Product: Four Sigmatic Organic Superfood Protein Powder
- Four Sigmatic Discount Code: LAL10
- Book: Adult Children of Emotionally Unavailable Parents by Lindsay Gibson
- Instagram Account: The Holistic Psychologist
- Instagram Account: Rising Woman
WHERE TO FIND dr. courtney tracy:
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES/PODCASTS:
- 7 Natural Remedies for Stress and Anxiety that Provide Immediate Relief
- 6 Ways Saunas Can Reduce Symptoms of Depression